Earnest's Top 5 - Affordable Watches
Today, we’ll be looking at our top 5 budget-friendly watches that won’t break the bank. With the bombardment of fashion watches, one might be spoiled for choice with brands such as Daniel Wellington and MVMT extremely popular nowadays. However, the durability, heritage and reliability of renowned brands at the correct price point is what makes them incredibly value-for-money, and is why they get our pick.
- Timex Weekender Chronograph
- At a low price point, the Timex Weekender Chronograph is a fantastic bargain. With a design resembling the popular minimalist style like a MVMT watch but at a much cheaper price and a more amazing heritage, the Timex Weekender is the watch to own. As stunning with a nato strap as it is with a leather strap, the versatility of the watch even allows it to be worn in a business casual setting. However, do not pair it with a formal outfit like a suit, where it’ll still look out of place.
2. Seiko 5 SNK809
- Highly regarded as the best value-for-money option by many watch enthusiasts, this watch is the definition of being bang for your buck. An automatic watch around $100? Check. Made by Seiko, the extremely popular Japanese brand that was founded back in 1881, this watch should be the first automatic piece added to your collection. The Seiko 5 is super versatile, pair it either with your shorts and t shirt or even a casual oxford shirt and you’re good to go. With the rocketing prices of fashion watches these days, the Seiko 5 is seriously, worth your time.
3. Casio G-Shock DW-5600
- The ultimate beater watch, the G-Shock DW-5600 is robust and able to withstand any bumps and knocks without any worries. Be it a workout or a late night out, this watch can withstand any punishment given to it. The only digital watch in our top 5, it is shock resistant, water resistant and budget friendly. With the G-shock DW-5600, you’ll never have to remove it again. You can wear it in the shower, for a swim or to a hike and it’ll still work perfectly. Pair it with a t shirt and jeans it will surely accentuate your outfit.
4. Orient Bambino V2
- Orient dress watches offer some of the best priced entry-level options out there, especially if one is looking for a mechanical alternative. The Orient Bambino V2 is a fully automatic watch with a 40.5mm case diameter, making it a great sized watch that should work for just about anyone. Furthermore, the watch is slim enough to slip under a dress shirt’s cuff. This simple, classic design is suitable for a dress watch, and will fit comfortably and remain a timepiece you’ll use for years to come. However, do remember to always match your watch straps with the colours of your shoes and belts. With the Orient Bambino V2 going for only a couple of hundred bucks, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better dress watch for less.
5. Seiko SKX 007
- The Seiko SKX007, the ultimate divers watch at its price. While the Rolex might be a luxurious Mercedes, the Seiko will be the reliable Toyota. At this price, there is no better. The functional, rotating bezel allows divers to know how long they have been underwater, and a day and date complication are the only few additional features of this watch. Being a diver, this watch possesses superior water resistance, able to travel to depths of up to 200m. This watch could both dress up or dress down, easily becoming your ultimate everyday go-to watch.