Earnest's Top 5 - Affordable Sneakers
Stylish, fashionable and affordable, do such sneakers exist? Well yes. Not many are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a pair of sneakers, especially with the resale market of hyped sneakers costing a fortune these days. However, a good-looking pair of sneakers is not necessarily the most expensive thing in the world, and is much more affordable than you might think.
Lower price-point sneakers are often more minimalist than their expensive counterparts. However, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Staples for a reason, these shoes are comfortable, affordable and can pretty much go with anything.
We have rounded off a list of our top 5 affordable sneakers, allowing you to pick and choose which pair suits your style better. Or, you could get them all for the perfect sneaker rotation.
- Vans Old Skool - $79 The Vans Old Skool is arguably the most trustworthy pair of affordable kicks on the market, and they sure are able to serve up a beating. Originally made to skate, you can be sure that these will last longer than any regular pair of sneakers out there, you can knock them around all summer and not worry about wrecking something too expensive. A skateboarding shoe? Or a cool everyday sneaker? With the Vans Old Skools, you get both.
2. Reebok Club C 85- $109 One of the coolest sneakers around with a wallet-friendly price to boot, the Reebok Club C 85 is a comfortable, timeless classic that is currently enjoying renaissance. Reebok has managed to keep the silhouette sleek and practical with its iconic logo on display both on the side and back of the shoes. The Reebok’s club C’s are one of the most versatile shoes you can find on the market right now. Be very careful though, as once you get your hands on one, you might just be tempted to get a few more.
3. Converse Jack Purcell Leather - $119The Converse Jack Purcell sneaker was first released back in 1935. Since then, this sneaker has become essential in the men’s wardrobe. Recently, Converse teamed up with Nike, embedding their Nike Zoom Air Technology to provide better breathability and mobility over long periods of wear. With improved comfort, premium detailing and an overall classic look, this is a pair that you should not pass on.
4. Adidas Stan Smith - $129Instant noodles, batteries, Adidas Stan Smiths: all things worth buying in bulk whenever possible. Created in the 70’s, these must-own classics work as well with a pair of denim jeans as it does with some colourful, summer shorts. If you don’t already own a pair, do yourself a favour and stock up.
5. Earnest & Collective - Emerson - $129Suede is a great way to put a twist on any sneaker. This shoe elevates your outfit and goes perfectly with a denim jacket as they do with a slim-cut blazer. If you’ve never ventured into coloured sneakers, these low-profile option is a good place to start. For your dress-down Fridays or your relaxing weekend out, the Emerson in Suede Grey will surely compliment your every outfit.