Nothing in cart
Nothing in cart
As we approach the end of the year, we can almost predict our new year’s resolutions for the coming year – to live healthier, to improve our fitness. But this resolution often ends up abandoned after half a month. How are you going to tackle that this coming year? Here are the best watches for exercising to turn your new year’s resolution into a lifestyle.
Just starting out? Here are 2 affordable options below $100 to kickstart your health routine:
This series of watches, all below S$100, is perfect for those who are just starting out a fitness routine. Simple and ideal for the runners out there wishing to time their laps – not too fancy or serious.
- Sports Stopwatch with 10 lap memory
- 100m water resistant
- Countdown timer
For those trying to achieve a healthier lifestyle in general, this is for you! Not too timing or lap-specific, this watch takes care of other health aspects as well. Its simplistic design is definitely a bonus as well.
- Move Bar – Displays a ‘red move bar’ after one hour of inactivity to remind you to keep active throughout the day
- Long battery life – More than a year
- Easy-to-view display – Display time and various statistics
- Goal-setting – Learns your activity level and assigns a personalised goal every morning
- Calorie-counter – Records calories burned throughout the day
- Sleep mode – Track the quality of your rest
Want to invest more into your new health routine, or simply wanting to up the intensity of your current one? Here are more options for you:
Fitbit, a classic brand and the first that comes to mind when we think of a fitness watch or monitor.
- Tracks heart rate, distance covered, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes and steps
- Monitors your sleep automatically and includes a silent alarm that vibrates to alert you at the time specified
- Call notifications, daily statistics and time displayed
- Syncs to computer and various smartphones automatically and wirelessly
- Wrist-based heart rate and simplified heart rate zones recorded
Sick of gimmicky heart rate monitors watches claim to have?
This watch has been tested and reviewed to have an accurate heart rate monitor and solid run-tracking system by various reviewers online. Plus, it is also value-for-money though it costs a tad more than the previous few. With its GPS function, it is great to take it to long-distance runs or even hiking.
- Tracks your workouts, steps, distance, calories burned, sleep quality and activity
- Screen size and visibility – Big enough to view, even in low-visibility situations like rain
- Contains a single micro-USB port for charging and syncing
- About 8 hours of battery life (with GPS turned on) / 2 to 3 weeks to regular runs
- Durable rubberised strap
- Waterproof up to 30m
- Idiot-proof features and functions
- Accurate GPS that keeps track of your pace, distance and altitude
- Syncing app (Polar Flow app) for your desktop or Android device
- Bluetooth chest strap available as an add-on to ensure greater accuracy in pulse tracking
By now, you would’ve noticed the trend in this article – price points. Want to really invest in your health routine? Or simply interested to find out more about one of the most expensive sport watches out there?
A luxury smartwatch, but we are not sure if it is entirely worth its price (many seems to find the price outrageous) – not a surprise when your sports watch is costing you more than a thousand dollars.
- Splash-proof water resistance
- Titanium Grade 2 case
- 1GB of main memory with 4GB of storage memory
- Screen resolution: 360x360, 240ppi
- Minimum 25 hours battery life estimated based on typical usage
A fan of sports brands? Check out these collaborations by your favourite sports brands with various watch makers:
A fan of both Apple and Nike? This watch claims to be the perfect running partner with the Nike+ Run Club app.
- Includes heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope (to measure orientation), ambient light sensor
- Water resistant 50m
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz)
- Built-in GPS
- Up to 18 hours of battery life
- Aluminium case with Ion-X glass
- 2x brighter OLED Retina display with Force Touch (1000 nits)
Want to groove to your favourite tunes as you run? This collaboration between Fitbit and Adidas may be the holistic device you need.
- Personal coaching – dynamic personalised workouts with step-by-step coaching, which includes of exclusive on-screen workouts from Adidas
- Built-in GPS to track pace, distance and routes
- Stores over 300 songs, works with Bluetooth headphones
- Heart Rate Tracker
- Multi-Day Battery – able to track runs, swims, rides, workouts, all-day activities and sleep over 4 days
- Contactless Payment
- Sleep Tracker
- Cardio Fitness Level
- Female Health Tracking
None of these watches to your liking or suitability? Here are some other brands to look out for:
Written by: Yeo Wei Li